Procedures Performed by Surgeon:
The information we gathered for this site comes from a lot of different resources. We scour the weight loss surgery forums for patient reviews, testimonials and input on surgeons. We cover boilerplate information from a surgeon’s and sometimes hospitals’ website. We read reviews from patients on sites like ObesityHelp and the like. After all the content is gathered, we provide a detailed review of the weight loss surgeon with a relative (star) rating.
Things to Consider When Searching for a Reliable Bariatric Surgery in Mexico:
- Focusing solely on price is a bad choice for most patients.
- A surgeon performing more than four weight loss surgeries per day is generally too taxing to be sustainable.
- Consider their education and certifications, such as Board-Certification in Bariartics & Metabolics.
- We recommend patients find surgeons who work out of full-service hospitals.
- Find surgeons who perform their own surgeries (rather than ghost surgeons).
- Younger surgeons who have better hand/eye coordination for endoscopic proficiency.
- Surgeons fluent in English to be able to communicate with them.
- Research the surgeon and read their reviews.
* Complication rates are based on data, whenever available, about the surgeon’s surgical complication rates for weight-loss surgery. When icon is shown the surgeon’s complication rate is deemed excellent.
* Single-Incision Laparoscopic Surgery, otherwise known as SILS or single port incision, is the latest breakthrough in bariatric surgery. With single port incision, surgeons are able to perform the same surgery through one port providing patients with a host of advantages including: fewer scars, less scarring, faster recovery time and a better aesthetically-pleasing abdomen.