We have reviewed, in-depth the weight loss surgeons in Mexico providing low-cost bariatric surgeries to Mexican, Canadian and United States patients. Bariatric and Metabolic Surgeons from Tijuana, Mexicali, Piedras Negras, Reynosa, Monterrey, Guadalajara, Puerto Vallarta and Cancun are considered in our review. Tijuana is the most popular destination in Mexico for bariatric surgery.
Guide: Best-Reviewed Surgeons Mexico 2017
Medical tourism in Mexico, especially in Tijuana, Mexico, is growing rapidly with upcoming surgeons offering laparoscopic bariatric surgery with attractive prices. Currently, there are more than a dozen bariatric centers in Mexico, with the bulk in Tijuana, MX, which offer weight-loss surgery.
Caution: There are many surgeons that work with numerous centers in Mexico. This phenomenon can distort actual reviews, and cause many bariatric patients to feel confused with finding the right doctor.
There are many choices for weight loss surgery in Mexico today, including gastric sleeve, gastric bypass, duodenal switch, gastric banding, Lap-Band, and other procedures. The following are a few of the standout procedures:
- Gastric Sleeve Surgery, otherwise known stomach sleeve, is the most-performed option in Mexico, with all companies offering this procedure. Most patients will choose this surgery type for their medical journey.
- Gastric Balloon is a newer, non-surgical procedure to cure obesity. This procedure involves implanting a removable balloon in the stomach to induce weight loss.
What to Look for in a Safe Bariatric Surgeon
When it comes to finding the safest bariatric surgeons in Mexico the options can be dizzying. Most of your options will probably speak English as their second language, and most of what you have to go on is based online. This can be intimidating to most patients, traveling to Mexico and handing over your life to somebody you have never met before.
Here are some tips to help to choose the right surgeon
- Discover Real Reviews – Navigating our site to uncover real reviews is huge. This will allow you see just how the surgeon’s aftercare program is, or if the low-price they’re claiming, is true ‘all-inclusvie.’
- Certifications – There are many certifications to look for.
- Continuing Education – Look for a surgeon who regularly attends conferences and meetings for surgical and bariatric topics. Some items to look for is.
- Laparoscopic, Endoscopy, Metabolic, Gastrointestinal
- Gastric Sleeve Surgery
- Gastric Banding Surgery
Best Mexico Bariatric Surgeons (2017)
The following weight loss surgeons and metabolic surgeons are ranked on the following metrics: